Unplanned Pregnancy Help [in Arizona]
Including Your 3 Options for an Unplanned Pregnancy in AZ
Experiencing an unplanned pregnancy in Arizona can be stressful, scary and confusing. Fortunately, you have several pregnancy options, including adoption. Here are few things worth noting:
- If you are unable to parent, then adoption is always an option for you.
- There are hundreds of waiting hopeful adoptive families.
- The right adoption agency can help you make an adoption plan and provide any support that you need.
We understand that an unplanned pregnancy in Arizona can be incredibly stressful, and you probably have plenty of questions. Many of them may be difficult to answer, but you’re already taking the right steps by exploring your options for your unplanned pregnancy in Arizona. This article will give you some more details on those options, as well as some local resources that may be helpful for you.
As you read along, you may have more questions. If you would like to learn more, then give us a call at 1-800-ADOPTION. You’ll speak with one of our trusted, experienced adoption professionals, and we would love to help you at any time. You can also get more free information now.
For hopeful adoptive families looking for information on how to adopt a child, fill out our online contact form here.
Unplanned Pregnancy Options in Arizona
For anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy in Arizona, there are generally three options available to you:
Although American Adoptions of Arizona specializes in helping pregnant people who choose adoption, we aren’t here to judge you (or anyone) for their choice. When it comes to your pregnancy options in Arizona, it’s ultimately your decision, and we want you to feel empowered to do what is best for you.
Though we believe adoption is beneficial for most people, we also understand that it is not the right path for everybody. This article can’t tell you if it’s the right choice for you or not because only you can determine that. But, it can help you better understand what your options are for an unintended pregnancy in Arizona.
Dealing with an unwanted pregnancy can be stressful, but, fortunately, you are not alone. You can call 1-800-ADOPTION, regardless of where you live, for free, 24/7 counseling to learn more about adoption as an unplanned pregnancy option. You have no obligation to choose adoption when you call, either. You can also fill out our online contact form to get more free information now about your unexpected pregnancy options in Arizona.
In the meantime, below are some more details about your three unplanned pregnancy options in Arizona.
How Adoption Works in Arizona
If you’re unsure if you want an abortion or that you’re ready to parent, then you should know that adoption is always an option. It could be the best choice for your unwanted pregnancy in Arizona if you fall into either of those two categories.
There are many misunderstandings surrounding the adoption process. You may be considering adoption in Arizona, but you’re uncertain what’s true or false. For clarification, here are some facts about how adoption works in the Grand Canyon State:
- Adoption is always free for you; you may be entitled to adoption financial assistance to cover various pregnancy-related costs, such as prenatal care, delivery expenses and more.
- Services such as legal representation, professional counseling and medical care are provided for you completely free of charge before and after adoption finalization.
- Nine out of 10 birth parents choose an open adoption, which means they can maintain contact with their child and the adoptive family for as long as they please.
- You get to select the adoptive parents for your child and will get to know them before delivery; after finalization, you can remain in touch with them in whatever way you feel comfortable with.
There are many benefits of adoption for all parties involved, and plenty of birth parents feel proud after choosing adoption for their unplanned pregnancy.
“I have to strive for greatness and become the best version of myself,” Chauniece, a birth mother who worked with American Adoptions, said. “When the time comes for my child to know who I am, I want her to be proud of who I have become. I want her to know that I made this difficult decision for the both of us and that my sacrifice was not in vain.”
If you would like to learn more about adoption as one of your unplanned pregnancy options in Arizona, then don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-ADOPTION to learn more. Or, you can fill out our online contact form.
How Parenting Works in Arizona
Many people with an unplanned pregnancy wonder if they’re ready to be a parent. It’s typically one of the first things that comes to mind. Only you know the answer to that question. But, here are some facts about parenting that can help you decide:
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the average cost of raising a child is $233,610 as of February 2020.
- A study from the University of Michigan found that the average cost of giving birth is $4,500, even with insurance.
- If you would like to parent but need financial help, then the Arizona WIC program can help provide you with essentials and groceries.
- The Arizona Department of Economic Security Childcare Administration provides financial assistance to eligible low-income families and teen parents finishing their education.
- There are other government-funded Arizona assistance programs, which help cover bills, education costs and more, that you may be eligible for.
But, the cost isn’t the only factor you should consider when deciding whether to parent or not. When you’re experiencing an unintended pregnancy and you’re considering parenting, ask yourself these questions:
- Can you offer a stable, safe home for a child right now?
- What is your current home environment like?
- Is the baby’s father involved in your life?
- Can they help you raise the child?
- What support system do you have for things such as childcare?
Discussing these matters with a counselor can be helpful. If you decide to parent your baby, then make sure you have a support system that you can rely on. Talk to your doctor, friends, family and other trustworthy people in your life.
How Abortion Works in Arizona
If you’re considering abortion for your unexpected pregnancy in Arizona, then be sure to talk with your doctor first. They can bring up any health concerns after reviewing your medical history. Your doctor can also determine how far along in the pregnancy you are and whether abortion is still viable.
If abortion is the right path for you, then it’s worth familiarizing yourself with current Arizona abortion laws:
- You will have to receive state-directed counseling; then you will wait 24 hours and undergo an ultrasound before continuing the process.
- Minors need to obtain parental consent before the procedure can be given.
- Public funding covers abortion only in cases of life endangerment or severely compromised health.
- Medicaid doesn’t cover abortions, even if they’re medically necessary.
- Health insurance covers abortion only in cases of life endangerment or severely compromised health.
Make sure you follow the laws above and work with a reputable clinic for the services you need. If you do so, then abortion is an option for your unplanned pregnancy in Arizona.
If you have any more questions about your pregnancy options in Arizona, then call 1-800-ADOPTION. You can also get free information now by filling out our online contact form here. For hopeful adoptive families that want more information on how to adopt a child, get free information here.
Information available through these links is the sole property of the companies and organizations listed therein. America Adoptions, Inc. provides this information as a courtesy and is in no way responsible for its content or accuracy.